Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Jamsher Raj

Jamsher Raj

Quote from gurbani ( Sri Guru Granth Sahib)-Sikh Holy Scipture.

This quote was something that I heard at Sikh temple towards the end of 2005 and at beg of 2006. A guide to my year/life!!!


sunhu banantee-aa su-aamee mayray raam.
Listen to my prayer, O my Lord and Master.

kot apraaDh bharay bhee tayray chayray raam.
I am filled with millions of sins, but still, I am Your slave.

dukh haran kirpaa karan mohan kal kalayseh bhanjnaa.

O Destroyer of pain, Bestower of Mercy, Fascinating Lord, Destroyer of sorrow and strife,

saran tayree rakh layho mayree sarab mai niranjanaa.

I have come to Your Sanctuary; please preserve my honor. You are all-pervading, O Immaculate Lord.

sunat paykhat sang sabh kai parabh nayrhoo tay nayray.

He hears and beholds all; God is with us, the nearest of the near.

ardaas naanak sun su-aamee rakh layho ghar kay chayray.

O Lord and Master, hear Nanak's prayer; please save the servants of Your household.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home